Design for systemic transformation
OPEN TO APPLICANTS FROM ALL EU COUNTRIES.
SUBMISSIONS SHOULD BE IN ENGLISH.
Presented in collaboration with RISE.
Projects, programmes, initiatives and environments that address societal transformation towards social, environmental and economic sustainability and regeneration, by using designerly, cultural and creative resources as generative motor and whose impact in society can be appreciated or/and observed. Outcomes may include new ways of understanding and managing social challenges and goals; unexpected ways of interacting; new services, policies or business models.
Timeframe restrictions do not apply to entries in this category, which can be in development, currently ongoing or already completed.
Applications should describe:
- the institutions carrying out the programmes and the competences that are involved
- project participants and governance structure
- methodologies used
- designed forms/material arrangement/experiences that foster transformation and how
- activities carried out and why they are to be considered design activities
- transformation that is achieved and its anticipated impact
All nominated projects and winners will be presented on the Design S website, and as an integrated feature in the magazine FORM, which is published in both Swedish and English and distributed to more than 30 countries.
Read the award criteria and our FAQ for more details.